Waste Transfer Centre of Merida
Polígono Industrial El Prado, parcela R 19, Calle Plasencia s/n, 06800 Mérida, (Badajoz, Spain)
phone/s: +34 924 12 31 44
Fax: +34 924 37 83 17
Opening hours: 8:00-14:30 y 16:30-18:00
Unified Environmental Authorisation: AAU 12/081
Inscribed in the Waste Transport Registry in the Community of Madrid and valid for the entire country with registration numbers: 13T01A1900003414W to transport hazardous waste and 13T02A1800003319C for non hazardous waste.
The Waste Transfer Centre located in Mérida classifies and temporarily stores hazardous and non-hazardous waste collected from waste producers. The waste is then sent to a final destination for re-use, recycling or elimination.
The centre is equipped with the best available technologies and all the necessary prevention and security measures and has the following infrastructures:
- Storage bund for bulk waste
- Two storage tanks with a capacity of 150 m3 for used oil, one reception tank with a capacity of 50 m3 and another tank with a capacity of 40 m3 for contaminated oil.
- Three tanks, each with a capacity of 10 m3, for bulk liquid waste.
- Warehouse to store packaged industrial waste (140 m2 in area and a height of 5.5 m).
- Three 30 m3 containers to individually store separately metal containers, plastic containers and contaminated rags & cloths.
- Drainage Pool to collect contaminated wastewater from spills, process water, leaks etc.
- Pump and filter house.
- Loading and unloading platform.
- Authorised watertight drainage pit for decantation and discharge.
- Laboratory to analyse the correct physical-chemical properties of the different types of waste collected and to perform tests to determine the potential for reuse and/or recovery.
- Administrative building which includes offices, laboratory, toilets, dressing rooms and general storage.
The centre has the Unified Environmental Authorization (Nº: AAU12/081) to perform waste management through the activities of collection, handling and storage of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. The centre also complies with ISO 9001 for quality management, ISO 14001 for environment and OHSAS 18001 for Health & Safety. All three standards are certified by SGS.
Inscribed in the Waste Transport Registry in the Community of Madrid and valid for the entire country, with registration numbers: 13T01A1900003414W to transport hazardous waste and 13T02A1800003319C for non hazardous waste.
The staff of Emgrisa in this centre has many years of experience and possesses the ADR licence to transport hazardous goods by road. The centre also has four authorized vehicles to transport waste comprising of two haulage trucks and two vacuum tankers.