Waste Transfer Centre of Alcázar de San Juan
Polígono Industrial Emilio Castro, Avenida de la Tecnología 21, 13600 Alcázar de San Juan, Ciudad Real (Castilla La Mancha)
phone/s: +34 926 54 09 82
Fax: +34 926 58 89 88
Opening hours: 8:30-14:00 y 16:00-18:00
Integrated Environmental Authorisation: AAI-CR-068.
Inscribed in the Waste Transport Registry in the Community of Madrid and valid for the entire country with registration numbers: 13T01A1900003414W to transport hazardous waste and 13T02A1800003319C for non hazardous waste
The Waste Transfer Centre located in Alcázar de San Juan classifies, prepares, pre-treats and temporarily stores hazardous and non-hazardous waste collected from waste producers. This methodology, in accordance to state and EU legislation, gives priority to determine the viability of the waste to be either re-used or recycled in its final point of destination.
The centre is installed with the best available technologies and all the necessary prevention and security measures and has the following infrastructures:
- Confined storage area with two 500 m3 capacity storage tanks for used oil, three 50 m3 tanks for liquid waste and a pump house to transfer stored liquids.
- Platform for loading and unloading tankers including an independent closed pavement system connected to the drainage basin for contaminated water.
- Three warehouses with a total capacity of 389 m3, for the temporary storage of waste.
- Waste shredding system with a capacity of 400 tonnes per year.
- Laboratory to analyse the correct physical-chemical properties of the different types of waste collected and to perform tests to determine the potential for reuse and/or recovery.
- Administrative building which includes offices, laboratory, toilets, dressing rooms and general storage.
The centre has the Integrated Environmental Authorization (Nº: AAI-CR-068) permitting the shredding of waste and also to conduct waste management through the activities of collection, handling and storage of hazardous and non-hazardous waste (RNP-VAR/R-TR-AL/214). The centre also complies with ISO 9001 for quality management, ISO 14001 for environment and OHSAS 18001 for Health & Safety. All three standards are certified by SGS.
Inscribed in the Waste Transport Registry in the Community of Madrid and valid for the entire country, with registration numbers: 13T01A1900003414W to transport hazardous waste and 13T02A1800003319C for non hazardous waste.
The staff of Emgrisa in this centre has many years of experience and possesses the ADR license to transport hazardous goods by road. The centre also has five authorized vehicles to transport waste comprising of four haulage trucks and one vacuum tanker.